Dry-cured ham - or Bündnerfleisch parisette (like a small baguette)
- 200 g Gruyère cheese, grated
- 150 g dry-cured ham or Bündnerfleisch cut into very thin slices (or Bündnerfleisch Julienne)
- 2 sprigs each of basil, parsley and marjoram, all chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Parisettes (small baguettes)
- 4 tablespoons cream (at your discretion)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 sprigs of basil
Method (Preparation time: 15 minutes, recipe takes 15 minutes)
Thoroughly mix the ingredients for the filling. Cut a wedge out of the top of each roll lengthways with a sharp knife (roast the wedges in the oven for a short while, then make into breadcrumbs). The breadcrumbs can be mixed into the filling. Drip cream onto the inside of the rolls and insert the cheese. Bake in a pre-heated oven at approx. 220°C for 10 to 15 minutes. Arrange the tomatoes on top and garnish with the basil.
This makes a tasty supper, served with a fresh crisp salad.