Grisons barley soup with minipic
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 80g pearl barley
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 300g colourful carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1.2–1.5 l water
- 1 onion, with 1 bay leaf attached, pierced through by 2cloves
- 1 calf's foot
- 6-8 minipics, sliced
- A little stock as seasoning
- Pepper, freshly ground
- 2 handfuls of spinach or chard
- 4 tbsp. cream
- 1/2 bunch of chives, chopped
Lightly sauté barley in butter. Add carrots and cook. Cover with water and bring to boil. Add onion, calf's foot and minipics. Cover and simmer on low heat for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season the barley soup with stock and pepper according to taste.
Shortly before serving, add spinach or chard, plus cream, simmer briefly. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Serve with wholegrain bread.
Delicious recipe ideas and creative step-by-step videos www.minipic.ch