Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 leek, darker part of leaves removed, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 600g pumpkin or squash, e.g. Butternut, diced
- 400-500 ml water
- Salt or stock, according to taste
- 100 ml cream
- 1 cup mixed herbs, e.g. parsley, chives, coriander and mint, with leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 cucumber, peeled, finely diced
- Lemon juice
- A little olive oil
4 minipics, sliced, briefly fried
Sauté leek in butter until translucent. Add pumpkin and sauté while stirring. Cover with water and bring to boil then add seasoning. Cover and simmer on low heat for 20–30 minutes.
Mix soup and bring to boil again. Refine with cream then simmer briefly.
Herb salad: Mix herbs, carrot and cucumber. Add lemon juice and olive oil to taste.
To serve: pumpkin soup with minipics and herb salad.
Delicious recipe ideas and creative step-by-step videos www.minipic.ch